Tuesday 4 December 2012

UFOs

I have been doing quite a bit of crafting lately but am getting to the point where I need to get some projects finished. Other things seem to get in the way.

I have also started to learn to knit about a month ago and it is going surprisingly well. I have tried to learn to knit before and never got very far, but I decided this time I will make sure I learn. This has been taking up most of my time, but I am pleased with my progress.
I picked it up quite quickly and am able to do alot more than I remember. So far I have knitted two practise squares and I am now knitting a cardigan. I have done the back and one front section, and currently working on the other front section, I would love to get this finished by Christmas to show my mum what I have made.
I am getting quite a bit of knitting done on my lunch breaks at work and have been doing it when watching films or TV, it is a bit easier to do than sewing or quilting when watching with someone else.

I have lots of ideas for projects and things I want to do, so have set myself a target to get my UFOs completed before starting any other projects.

Quilt - This is a work in progress for a Christmas present. needs to be done by Christmas. This should be ok, as I just have to cut the wadding and backing, quilt and bind it. DONE

Knitting - Cardigan for myself. Aim to complete by Christmas, or finish it over the Christmas time so mum can help me stitch it all up.

Cross stitch wall hanging- Not much to go on this, one image and then the boarder, I might need some more stranded cotton though. I want to have this finished by end of January. DONE

Liberty cushion - I have the back of the cushion to complete. I have hand paper pieced small stars, which seemed like a good idea but now I'm not sure how to join them at the moment. End of January.

1 Christmas present - I have not decided on this yet, but will possibly be a patchwork cushion. Will be finished by Christmas.



Quite a few things to fit in as I work full time and doing overtime most nights until Christmas so I mainly have the weekends. The quilt and the present are my priorities to complete.

I want to get these projects completed so that I can move on in new year and start to work on my projects more regularly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment