Wednesday 8 December 2010

Too many projects on the go!

Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of posts recently. This is not a habit I want to get into, I am aiming to post at least once a week.
I have been rather busy with non craft events such as visiting friends and family and having people to visit me. It was very good to see everyone and I was sewing away on my many train journeys, so not completely slacking!
At the moment I am working on five different things, three are near completion and the others need some more work. So in a few days I should have quite a bit finished.

Finally completed my Secret Santa present for the craft forum (no photos until after Christmas, so not to spoil the surprise) A little bit late, due to snow and other extreme weather!

This is turning into a bit of a reflective post, but I am enjoying learning how to sew and make things. It is very satisfying to spend an evening making something and to sit back and think 'I made this'. I am also enjoying the hands on aspect. I have always been a person who enjoyed working with my hands and doing anything practical. Having studied for so long, it is so nice to handle fabrics, threads, to set up a sewing machine or cut out patterns.

I also have a new camera which is very exciting and I am looking forward to taking really good photos of the things I make.

The blogging thing isn't going as well. I need to do some research on how to improve my layout and background, and to post better photos. At the moment I am finding it hard to position images and text and it is frustrating that I cannot just type in Word and then copy and paste the text into the editor here.
So if anyone has tips or advice on blog editing please comment below!

I am going to finish a bag now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment